*update- Thursday at our appointment my blood pressure was borderline high and the doctor didn’t see a benefit to waiting until Monday to induce. So we went in Thursday to be induced. I wrote this post earlier in the week- so who knows what I’m doing right now! Either way, Remi will be born soon!!
So being “overdue” this week and waiting to see if anything will happen before our induction is scheduled on Monday, I’m finding things to occupy my time.
The house is clean (I mean, it could use a quick once over before the induction….but we’ve done the deep clean thing already), I’m running the laundry and dishes each night just in case something were to happen. So what am I doing to occupy my time?
- I organized my recipes on Pinterest. Yes, I did. I had one big food board, but it was hard to find anything. So I went back through and divided my recipes up into desserts, dressings and sauces, dips, crock pot recipes, healthy food, side dishes, casseroles, and more. It seemed like the thing to do the other night.
- I have been fishing more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 10 years. Tyler got into fishing recently and anytime he asks to go, I jump on it. Why not? Walk to the pond while dinner cooks? Sure! Spend the evening on the lake? Sure. What else do I have to do but wait on this baby?
- I’ve napped. Pippin makes a great pillow.
- I’ve searched for pregnancy memes. They are my preferred method of communication. If someone checks in on me, I prefer to send them a funny meme instead of a serious reply.
- I bought a planner and stickers and have started on that hobby. Nope, I’m not super organized. But spending $75 on a planner and stickers seemed like the right thing to do a week or so ago.
This weekend will be long, I’m afraid. Aside from doing a once over on the house, I’m not sure what to do. Maybe a pedicure and movie with mom? I would like to do a date night with Tyler if the doctor says I can do one meal without worrying about my sugar (because what I REALLY want is a night out at Rolando’s! Hello guacamole and shrimp quesadillas!). Other than that, I’m just going to nap and rest up for the upcoming induction.
Anything I should be doing while I wait? The bags are packed. I’ve made freezer meals. I’ve stocked up on food I can eat one-handed. I’ve organized all the baby stuff. What should I be doing right now?