Christmas Day(s)!

Christmas Day(s)!

Christmas Eve was our Christmas Day…but we packed the fun in!  For most of it, Remi felt pretty good (she woke up from her nap with some fever, but she didn’t seem phased).

On Christmas morning, she slept in. Which turned out to be SO FUN because the moms were already there when she woke up.

We told her Santa had come and brought her presents and she gasped! It was precious.

She got up and sweetly explored her presents- a vacuum, some new magnet blocks, a baby doll and this coaster. She was also very interested that he ate the cookies and drank the milk.

We spent the morning playing and opening presents. What was HILARIOUS was she didn’t want to open any more presents after she saw her Santa gifts. She just wanted to play with those. So the grandmas and me and Tyler opened most of our things and she would do one here and there.

We had a blast opening all her new things and playing with them.


That afternoon (forgive me that I was enjoying myself and didn’t take any pictures), Tyler’s family came over for lunch and gifts. We played Dirty Santa and just enjoyed each other’s company. Then we all got ready for Christmas Eve service at Uncle Dwight’s church.

Our little family was just happy to be together. Tyler may have had to work on Christmas Day, but we were making memories in the time we had.


Remi loved being at church. There was music and candles and cows (Dwight goes to a cowboy church, so there was plenty to look at around the building).


Outside were some big rocks, and she had to jump and play on our way out.


This rock became a horse and she was riding it. Everyone leaving got a big kick out of that!

We did manage to take a family photo right before they turned out the lights outside! ha!

Our actual Christmas morning was slow since Tyler was gone working.

Remi woke up at like 5:45 and I wasn’t having that! ha!  I told her it was time to go back to sleep, and she requested momma’s big bed….so I took her back to our room and she and I snuggled and slept another hour or so!

Then we cuddled and watched Super Why before getting up to eat breakfast and play.

We played with ALL of her new toys- PlayDoh, her train, her baby dolls, her puzzles, her new kitchen stuff…..VERY busy morning.


To get out of the house, we had planned on going to have Chinese buffet for lunch, but it was PACKED and we didn’t want to wait.


So we ended up at Casey’s for pizza. Nothing like a gas station Christmas! ha!  Mom and Remi shared an icee and I got a coke float while we waited for our pizza.


Then we ate our pizza right there in the gas station while Remi played with the stuffed snowman in their window. Unconventional, but we were all happy. ha!


When Tyler got home, we went to my mom’s and made steaks for Christmas dinner (we were at mom’s because we had a slight plumbing issue at our house and couldn’t shower…so we showered at mom’s after dinner). It was a great holiday weekend, despite the crazy of Remi being sick, plumbing issues and Tyler working.



Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.