*updated on December 1, 2015*
I am fairly new to the Fort Smith area. I mean, I haven’t lived here my whole life or anything….but just after moving here, I scoped out the best places to look at Christmas lights. I am going to post some of my favorite places, but if you are local, I’d love to hear some of your favorite places to look at lights in the comments!
- Creekmore Park
- Creekmore Park is FULL of lights! There is a little train running too, so you can catch a ride around the park to see the lights. There are fun “moving” light displays..and everything from Blue’s Clues to a nativity. We really enjoyed it. The park itself is free, and train rides are 25 cents. For a fun night looking at Christmas lights, you could also get coffee next door at Sweet Bay if it is a little cold! The lights are on at Creekmore Park now. The train runs November 30 through December 19 (excluding Sundays) from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
- The Hodo House
- This is a HUGE private, free light display at 1205 Woodland Creek Circle, off Azure Hills in Van Buren. The Hodo family puts on this display that you can drive by. Be prepared for a wait on the weekends.
- Trail of Lights in Greenwood
- At Bell Park in Greenwood, you can drive through a great light display for just $3 a car. They say there are over 120 light displays around the park. Most of it you see through the car window- but some you can get out and look at- like when the live nativity is happening. The lights are on now through December 31. There are several special events going on- take a look at this calendar:
- Fianna Hills
- Fianna Hills is an area of houses off Fianna Way. Just drive through the neighborhood and side streets and you will see great light displays! One road even does the 12 days of Christmas! Too fun!
- We love to drive through this area of homes. It can be sort of “hit or miss” since these are just homeowners who decorate…but it’s worth getting a hot chocolate to go and then driving through the area.
- “The Inflatable House” on Durham Ave (just south of Golden Living)
- After Fianna Hills, drive just a minute south past Golden Living and turn on the first road to your right. There is a house with TONS of inflatables in the yard. It is a really neat sight! (as of December 1, the displays aren’t up yet…but it’s close to Fianna Hills- so check it out if you’re in the area)
- The Fayettevile Square
- If you’re wanting a fun Christmas experience, check out the Fayetteville square. They call it the Lights of the Ozarks- and it’s pretty awesome! There is often live music, camel rides, hot cocoa, and beautiful lights. Many of the stores on the square will stay open late on the weekends, too.
Where do you like to look at Christmas lights in the Fort Smith area? Leave me a comment and let me know!