So last weekend we had our gender reveal party! It was so fun! Of course, for me, no party is complete with a great playlist.
When it was time for our wedding, Tyler and I spent an ENTIRE afternoon on the couch pulling up YouTube videos trying to find the perfect music for each part of the wedding.
The gender reveal was no different. I wanted to find some great music to mark the occasion- girl songs, boy songs, baby songs, love songs, some cheeky songs. Because we had our party at the church, they all had to be clean (I had seen some lists with “Baby Got Back” on their gender reveal playlist. Not kidding. And not appropriate for us.)
So here is our party playlist. It was about 1 hour 40 minutes worth of music. We just set it on shuffle to loop since we started the music a little bit before people came and anticipated a 2 hour party or so.
The theme of our party was “Pistols and Pearls” so we had some country boy songs in there for sure.
Our gender reveal songs (in no particular order)
- Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
- Boy Oh Boy- The Wilkinsons
- Can’t Help Falling in Love- Michael Buble
- Crazy for This Girl- Evan and Jaron
- Godspeed- Dixie Chicks (a super sweet little boy song)
- My Girl- Dave Barnes
- Anything Like Me- Brad Paisley
- Country Boys and Girls Getting Down on the Farm- Tim McGraw
- Can’t Wait to Meet You- Small Town Pistols (embedded below. It’s my favorite “expecting a baby” song)
- Mine to Love- Dave Barnes (another GREAT baby song- especially an adoption song as well!)
- Baby Love- The Supremes (more of a cheeky song, but cute)
- Thank God I’m a Country Boy- John Denver
- The Best Day- Taylor Swift
- Haven’t Met You Yet- Michael Buble
- In My Daughter’s Eyes- Martina McBride
- Daughters- John Mayer
- Cowboy Take Me Away- Dixie Chicks
- I Saw God Today- George Straight
- Teach Your Children- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- Should’ve been a Cowboy- Toby Keith
- Capri- Colbie Calliet
- Juliet- Hanson (DUH! I HAD to put a Hanson song in there! I’ve joked- well, half-jokingly, told Tyler I was naming a daughter someday after this song.)
- I Will Follow Him- Sandy Posey
- I’ll Take Care of You- Dixie Chicks
- All-American Girl- Carrie Underwood
- Baby Mine- Alison Krauss
Did I miss any songs? I’d love to keep adding to this list and help other mommas make their playlists for their gender reveal party!