Last week while we were grocery shopping, Tyler requested this dish. It’s not something I had ever made before, but the flavors were familiar. We love a steak gorgonzola alfredo dish at Olive Garden, and we often put blue cheese on our burgers. While I made the dish, it was all Tyler’s idea. If you don’t have venison, you could use regular beef.
- 2 round steaks
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- 1.5 tbsp and 1 tsp garlic powder
- .5 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- greens of choice (we used Italian blend and spinach)
- honey toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola blue cheese
- dressing of choice- we used spicy ranch, ranch, blue cheese or a balsamic vinegrette would be good.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Start by marinating the steaks. Mix the balsamic, Worcestershire, onion flakes, rosemary, pepper, and 1 tbsp garlic powder and pour over steaks. Marinate about 20-30 minutes. More time isn’t good for the meat, the acid will break it down too much.
Saute the veggies in the coconut oil. Add the white wine vinegar and 1 tsp garlic powder. Saute the veggies until soft and starting to caramelize.
In a large skillet or cast iron pan, heat the olive oil and cook the steaks in the oil until medium-well.
Assemble the salads. Greens, topped with veggies, topped with steak, topped with blue cheese, and finish with dressing and sunflower seeds.
It was delicious! I hope you enjoy it, too!