I have always had eclectic taste in music. Once I got an iPod (now an iPhone), it was REALLY evident when I would shuffle or check my “most played” lists. There would be many genres represented.
I wanted to share 5 songs that I’m loving right now. Some Christian music, some hip hop, some musicals, some pop. Here we go…
- I Got Saved by Selah. The words make me cry and their harmony is unbelievable.
2. Say Yes to This by Jill Scott on the Hamilton Mixtape. VERY different from above, but a soulful re-do on a song from Hamilton. Jill Scott’s voice is like velvet.
3. Divine Exchange by Charity Gayle. I heard this on a Selah livestream and it blew me away. Another one that gives me goosebumps and brings tears.
4. A Lovely Night from La La Land. Just so catchy. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone aren’t like Grammy award winning singers or anything, but I like it. And it sounds sort of like old Hollywood.
5. My Shot from the Hamilton Mixtape. I think I’ve shared this before, but this is literally my 4 month old’s favorite song. It will calm her down when she starts to fuss, so this is on my top 5 most played list for sure. It’s catchy.
What are you listening to right now?